Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wow, I only started this site yesterday (and didnt even have a chance to email it to everyone) and I am getting GREAT feedback. This is much easier (and less painful) then trying to explain what is going on. I did not know some of you do not know the history of how this all came about....Here is the short version:

We went to visit her pediatrician (Dr. Wapshare, Chester Pediatrics)for a sick visit (it was just a first time Mom scare), but while at this visit, Dr. Wapshare heard a murmur and sent us to go see a pediatric cardiologist right away (we left his office and went right to the cardiologist). We went to The Pediatric Cardiology Associates in Middletown and meet Dr. Vepa. After an EKG & a ECHO (and a really LONG time), they let us know she has a hole in her heart. They said this is common, but the size of her hole was cause for a little concern. At this point we were at the wait and see stage, to see if it would close up on its own as they normally do. Over the course of the next few months we would get tests done, but during yesterday's tests they noticed more blood was leaking out compared to the tests over the passed few months. This is where the decision for surgery was made. After consulting with Dr. Fethke also from The Pediatric Cardiologoy Associates and then the surgeon Dr. Weinstein, we decide to schedule this. If we do not do this now later in life she will need many more risky surgeries.

So here we are now....I will be home with Viola during her recovery. I just filed for FMLA today (BTW....our new FMLA filing system is MUCH easier at work now then it was when I was prego!) Julio and I will be staying at the hospital with her and spoiling her a$$ rotten. I sense a spending spree on Elmo DVDs! I have spoke to some great people who have been thru this before and I even had one mother who sent me pics so I know what to expect when she gets out of surgery. I also spoke to Suzanne Courtwright, nurse practitioner today and thanked her for spending about an hour with me. Her Dr. Fethke & Dr. Weinstein really took the time out to explain everything going on and I can thank them enough for that. She gave me her direct cell number (she will regret it! LOL).

Viola is having a great time at Grandmas today. I'm very lucky she is with family so she can be spoiled ROTTEN!

Well thats it, thanks for the good feedback. Overall Im happy with this site, not like I dont like talking to EVERYONE, but it makes it a little easier on me! (Im not a phone person, yet I work for a phone company...FUNNY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment