Friday, September 25, 2009

9/25/09 Appointment

Ok so I must be writing these appointments down wrong. We did meet with her surgeon today and discussed the surgery, but no pre-op today. We have to go to the hospital for that and they will call me on Monday to set that up. Kinda stinks cause me and Julio both took off work. I could have at least got a 1/2 day in and Julio could have just went to work. Hopefully I can get an on call or two when I come back from FMLA to help me make up for it (I HATE being on call in the winter!!) At first I was upset, but the doctors and the rest of the staff have been wonderful! We want our daughter to have the best care, so to me this is nothing to get upset about. I also think I could have marked it wrong on my calender. Julio also pointed out this is good b/c now we can go to the hospital and "check it out" before her surgery. So in the end it worked out for the best! Just cross your fingers and hope they do pre-op Saturday!

Anyways, enough venting, here are the updates.... Good news is she 17lbs 14oz (thats a weight gain of 2oz in 2 weeks!!) Thats my girl showing her DeStefano side!!! She can EAT! I officially signed the paperwork consenting to the surgery and review my list of questions with the doctor. We once again went over the risks (This is not easy stuff to talk about), but if we dont do this now she will need more surgeries when she is older. I am most concerned about her pain after the surgery. The Nurse Practitioner (Suzanne) is wonderful. She reassured me that Viola is in the best hands with the best care. She told me to expect Viola to be in no major pain by the time we are ready to take her home. Julio & I could not be happier talking to them once again. Bad news is I'm STILL waiting to hear about her RSV shots. Now the lab is telling me they are waiting for my insurance. My insurance says they have nothing, so Im making phone calls....they dont want to mess with me!!

Side note: Julio & I have already gotten our flu shots (thanks Mom!) But if you are thinking of stopping by, you need to have yours. I will NOT let you in the house if you dont...trust me I can be VERY nasty (as you know!)

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I found your blog on BabyCenter. Just wanted to offer my families prayers for Viola and her Oct. 14th surgery as well as peace for your familiy through this difficult time.

    I will add your link to our blog (it looks like you've already done so, I appreciate it).

    I found it rather funny the last comment about not letting anyone w/o their flu shot in. We feel the same way :)

    Levi & Tracy

    Aiden Matthew 10/11/09 Unbalanced AVSD w/ Pulmonary Atresia & Heterotaxy http://www.babyaidensjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I have been keeping up on your blog to and Iwill keep you in my thoughts. Also, thanks for the info on the current bills in congress. I have fired off my emails to my state reps, I will try to also post that in my blog as well! I wish you and your family the best.

    ReplyDelete