Saturday, September 12, 2009

Todays Doctor's Appointment...

Today we had another appointment with Dr. Fethke. First ,Viola got her EKG and this time she only ripped off one of the test leads! After that Dr. Fethke came in and performed a routine exam. She has gain almost 2 pounds since her last visit and he said that is an excellent sign and she is thriving. Its good to go into the surgery as healthy as possible. We then discussed some concerns I had including her being a little behind other kids her age. She gets tired easy because her heart is working twice as hard and he has seen this before. In fact he has seen that after the surgery that they will be FULL of engery. I also asked about her care before she goes in for surgery. She will need her FLU shot and a series of RSV shots. I will be scheduling these appointments with Dr. Wapshare. I didnt notice how many questions I was asking because when we finally left I walked into the waiting room and it was full! I feel so comfortable with Dr. Fethke and also Dr. Weinstein. For them to sit with me each time for a LONG time a discuss every detail about her surgery really does help. Our next appointment is with Dr. Weinstein on Sept 25. At this appointment we will review every detail of her surgery. This is gonna be a tough one, but it does help that Julio & I trust these doctors and they really seem to care about Viola. Anyways, again thank you for your emails and prayers! Next time I will try to get a pic while they are doing her EKG, that should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment