Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 2 at Home

Day 1 went so well, I just assumed day 2 would be just as easy...WRONG!  She was up most of the night and just not having it today!  Anyone have any tips to get her to take her Meds....  I think this is why she isnt eating so well b/c she thinks she is getting the "yuckie" meds!  I did get a spoonful of squash in her mouth at one point (after about 10 tries) and her eyes opened real wide and she smiled.....She ate most of that jar.  Mostly she just has been drinking bottles of formula and sometimes juice.  My poor girl, she has every right to have a 'tude!  We go see Dr. Fethke on Thursday for an EKG & Echo.  Guess we will see how she is doing after all these tests.  I assume she wont sit as still as she did last time, she is not happy with any one in the medical field right now (but I am!).  We also have a f/u with Dr. Weinstein on Oct 30.  I keep everyone posted.

Q's for the other heart parents...How long til your child got his/her appetite back after surgery???  Also, any tips on getting her to take her meds....I end up with more of it on me then in her mouth!  Also any after surgery tips that I need...anything, PLEASE HELP!

2 comments:

  1. For giving meds-lean her back, aim the syringe in the back of the cheek and blow in her face after you've squirted it. This will make her swallow. Everett still isn't eating as well as he did before his surgery in March, but I hope it won't take Viola so long to get her appetite back. I hope tomorrow is better for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well she looks beautiful and hopefully she starts eating and reacting well

    ReplyDelete