Monday, October 19, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So we are home!  Spent the night in our own bed!  Viola did well!  She slept til about 2am and after I little backrub she went back to sleep til about 6am.  She started crawling around but did stop (I think it hurts her).  So she is being spoiled by me today!  Rite Aid called to say they wont get her meds in today, but then later called me back to say they will have them after all.  Let me just say...THEY BETTER HAVE IT or call the police NOW!  So far so good at home.  She is eating better, but not as good as she used to.  I have a follow up appointment later in the week to check her out.  I an still in shock she had heart surgery last week and now we are at home playing with her toys!  She is AMAZING!  We still have to try and limited her activity and have a list of things to be on the look out for.  Again...I cant thank everyone enough for the emails and comments.  It helped so much (and helped pass time in the hospital) knowing everyone was praying for Viola!  And thank you to those that didnt come visit!  The less of a chance of her getting sick they better!  Sorry to be so "up tight" about it, but if you have a problem with it talk to my bouncer (GET THEM ANNIE!)  LOL!!   I also want to say The Childrens Hospital at Montefiore (The Bronx) is AMAZING!  The doctors, nurses, housekeeping, food service...EVERYONE were so nice.  And it wasnt that "fake nice" you get...it was real.  They LOVED Viola (how could you not!)  And lots of them were sad to see her go home b/c they will miss her!  As much as I like being home, I do miss all of them now!

4 comments:

  1. Go Viola Go............ I am so Glad to hear you are home My prayers are still with all of you in her recovery at home please still update us all

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have any of those tubes left over, I have a few people I'd like to stick them in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa and Jay, We are so happy for the both of you!!! Viola is exceptionally beautiful and she knows she has such great parents!! We said another prayer for her tonight, she is sooooo beautiful...there are no words for her behavior, just had heart surgergy and today crawling for a short time.. we think that is such a success and an unbelievable milestone for Viola... she is just a little person who is guided by her parents and family, friends who love her... she is a very lucky girl.. and we are so glad to know her parents!!!!!! You both are great people and Viola is so lucky to have the both of you!!!! Kathy and Pat

    ReplyDelete